Court employees benefit from several different leave types: Personal, Sick and Vacation.
Employees receive 3 personal days each calendar year. New employees are permitted to use personal leave for which they are eligible for upon completion of 90 days of employment. Depending on the hire date, new employees are eligible for:
- January 1st through March 31st: 24 hours
- April 1st through June 30th: 16 hours
- July 1st through September 30th: 8 hours
- After September 30th: not eligible in the calendar year hired
Sick leave begins to accrue upon 1st day of hire and accrues at a rate of 4.6 hours per pay and is immediately available to employee upon accrual.
New employees with no prior public service receive 40 hours of vacation leave upon completion of 6 months. Employees receive another 40 hours of vacation leave upon conclusion of 1 year; thereafter begin to accrue 3.1 hours of vacation per pay. Vacation accrual rates are adjusted based upon years of service:
- 1 to 4 years = 3.1 hours per pay
- 5 to 9 years = 4.6 hours per pay
- 10 to 14 years = 6.2 hours per pay
- 15 to 19 year = 6.9 hours per pay
- 20-plus years = 7.7 hours per pay