The new Franklin County Courthouse, scheduled for completion in 2010, will be the first LEED-certified building in the State of Ohio. Click here to learn more.The Franklin County Court of Common Pleas is a stong supporter of Green initiatives. Click here to learn more.

Victim Information

If you are a victim of crime, there are many organizations that can offer you help in the recovery process.
Criminal Justice Services (State of Ohio)(614) 466-7782
Crime Victim's Services (Attorney Gen., State of Ohio)(614) 466-5610
(800) 582-2877
V.I.N.E.-Victim Information & Notification Everyday (Ohio Department of Rehab. & Correction)(800) 770-0192
Victims of Crime Compensation Program (State of Ohio)(614) 466-5610
(800) 582-2877
(877) 584-2846
Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Office of Victim Services (State of Ohio)(888) 842-8464
(614) 728-1976

Victims of Violent Offenses

Domestic Violence Program at OSU Medical Center(614) 293-4905
CHOICES(614) 224-4663
Ohio Domestic Violence Network(800) 934-9840
(614) 784-0023
National Domestic Violence Hotline(800) 799-SAFE

Victims of Sexual Offenses
Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio(614) 267-7020
Rape Abuse Incest National Network (outside Columbus)(800) 656-HOPE
Sexual Assault Program at OSU Medial Center(614) 293-4905
Net Care Access(614) 276-CARE
North Central Mental Health Services(614) 421-3188

Restitution through the Adult Probation Department

At the time an offender is placed on probation, the Court may order a sum of restitution if the offense is shown to have caused monetary loss for a victim. Once on probation, the offender is required to make, at minimum, monthly payments towards their restitution. It is a priority of the Probation Department to enforce collection of restitution to be dispersed to the victim as soon as possible. For information regarding restitution ordered for a case, please contact the defendant's Probation Officer or visit the Clerk of Courts' web site or the Clerk of Court's office at 345 S. High St., 1st Floor Columbus, OH 43215. You can find the supervising officer on a case by calling (614) 525-3700, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.