Civil Stalking Protection Order (CSPO) or Civil Sexually Oriented Offense Protection Order (CSOOPOs):
To file a petition for a Civil Stalking Protection Order in the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, General Division, you must:
- Physically come to the courthouse; this case type is excluded from e-filing
- Be a resident of Franklin County
- For notarization purposes, please provide valid photographic identification, such as a valid driver’s license or state I.D.
- Not have children with the respondent
- Have been a victim of
- (a) 2 or more incidents in which the respondent caused you to believe that you are in danger-
- (b) 1 sexually oriented offense
Petitions must be physically filed Monday-Friday during the following hours:
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
*You should plan to be here for approximately (2) hours to fill out the appropriate paperwork and then be presented before the Duty Magistrate for the initial ex-parte hearing.
If you have questions regarding the petition process, please call either one of the following numbers:
If you are requesting a continuance of your scheduled full hearing, please call the following number:
Refer to the Franklin County Clerk of Court’s website for more information regarding protection orders.