Magistrate Tim Harildstad
Common Pleas Courthouse
345 South High Street, Courtroom 5D
Columbus, OH 43215
Magistrate for Judge Bessey and Judge Frye
This Courtroom has an Audio/Video Digital Recording System.
|Direct (optional): (614) 525-5995|
|Facsimile: (614) 525-2464|
PREFERENCES AND PRACTICES
1. The parties shall file immediately with the Court their written consent for a jury trial to be conducted by the Magistrate pursuant to Loc. R. 99.02.
2. In compliance with Loc. R. 9.07, the party requesting the jury demand must pay the required deposit the Friday prior to the date of the scheduled trial to preserve their right to a jury trial. Pursuant to Loc. R. 9.07, failure to deposit the requisite amount within the allotted time shall constitute a waiver of jury and the matter will proceed to a jury-waived trial.
3. Each party shall file electronically their respective proposed jury instructions with the Magistrate the Friday prior to the scheduled jury trial date. If a party does not file proposed jury instructions in a timely manner, the Court, in its discretion, will consider that the party has waived its right to object to the final jury instructions to be given by the Court.
4. The parties shall submit written joint stipulations to the Court the Friday prior to the time of the scheduled trial.
5. The parties shall provide the Court, at the pre-trial conference, with the name of any expert witness it intends to call and a copy of the written report prepared by the expert witness.
6. The parties shall place and mark exhibit stickers on all documents and other evidence they propose to introduce during the course of the trial. The Plaintiff shall use letters to designate exhibits. The Defendant shall use numbers to designate exhibits. The Court, within its discretion, may not admit into evidence any exhibits that were not previously disclosed through the discovery process.